Family University NSC/SPS
Family University is a Parent Leadership Education class with
the primary goals of supporting parents to enhance their skills
and work as equal partners in their child's education as well as
developing their skills to advocate effectively for their
students, their school district and their community. Parents
who register for this class become students at the North Seattle
College Parent Education Program. One of the oldest
Parent Education Programs in the state.
- Successfully advocate for their child
- Understand and navigate the school system
- Foster and build collaboration and communication among families, school and community
- Understand and interpret student, school and district data
- Understand and develop college bound atmosphere in the home
- Understand and receive support around financial literacy
- Prepare families and students for college and career goals
Who: North Seattle College Parent Education faculty along with presenters provided by
When and Where:
- Mondays, at South Shore PreK - 8, 6-8pm, 9/28-12/7; - Course #6485
- Mondays, at North Seattle College Rm IB1409, 6-8pm, 9/28-12/7; Course #6484
- Tuesdays, Seattle Indian Health Board, 6-8pm, 9/29-12/8; - Course #6480
- Wednesdays, Somali Language Class at New Holly Community Center, 6-8pm, 9/30-12/9, one class on
11/10 instead of Veteran's Day Holiday, 11/11; Course #6486
- Fridays, Spanish Language Class at Concord International Elementary, starts 10/2-12/11; Course #6481
Cost: $32 for North Seattle College Tuition for the 2 credit class (financial assistance
available to those who qualify)
For information: Betty Williams (206) 934-4571
Program Flyer (PDF)
To register as a new student:
This will be a two-step process: set up account/apply and then register.
- Step 1. You will set up an account at: https://www.public.ctc.edu/ApplicantWebClient/Applicant/ApplInstructions.aspx#Account
- Follow directions once you hit submit so you can apply for Admission to NSC; it may take a few days
you can register. Please allow sufficient time BEFORE the registration deadline.
- Step 2. Use your SID number and student PIN to enter. (this will be emailed to you after you
Enter course number indicated in the "When and Where" section for the course you wish to take.
- Pay with a credit card unless you need financial assistance and receive free or reduced price lunch
If you need financial assistance please do not make a payment. We will have financial aid forms
to fill out during the first class.