Family University NSCC/SPS
Family University is a Parent Leadership Education class with
the primary goals of supporting parents to enhance their skills
and work as equal partners in their child's education as well as
developing their skills to advocate effectively for their
students, their school district and their community. Parents
who register for this class become students at the North Seattle
Community College Parent Education Program. One of the oldest
Parent Education Programs in the state.
- Successfully advocate for their child
- Understand and navigate the school system
- Foster and build collaboration and communication among families, school and community
- Understand and interpret student, school and district data
- Understand and develop college bound atmosphere in the home
- Understand and receive support around financial literacy
- Prepare families and students for college and career goals
Who: Suzette Puente, NSCC faculty along with presenters provided by Seattle Public Schools
When and Where: Mondays & Tuesdays in the community and Mondays at North Seattle College; Fall, Winter and Spring Quarters
Cost: $32 for North Seattle College Tuition for the 2 credit class (financial assistance available to those who qualify)
For information: Betty Williams (206) 934-4571
To register as a new student:
This will be a two-step process: set up account/apply and then register.
- Step 1. You will set up an account at: https://www.public.ctc.edu/ApplicantWebClient/Applicant/ApplInstructions.aspx#Account
- Follow directions once you hit submit so you can apply for Admission to NSCC; it may take a few days before you can register. Please allow sufficient time BEFORE the registration deadline.
- Step 2. Use your SID number and student PIN to enter. (this will be emailed to you after you complete step 1)
Enter course #6480 for the Tuesday class, course #6481
for the On-Campus Monday class and #6483 for the Monday class located at UW
- Pay with a credit card unless you need financial assistance and receive free or reduced price lunch at SPS.
(If you need financial assistance please do not make a payment. We will have financial aid forms available for you to fill out during the first class)