North Seattle Toddler
Welcome to North Seattle Toddler Co-op Preschool
North Seattle Toddler Co-op is a school which offers a great step into the world of cooperative children's education. Here are some other good reasons families have joined our co-op:
Our teacher is Karen Gunther Bombino. Teacher Karen has been teaching children for 15 years. She has a degree in Psychology and Elementary Education. She also has three young kids of her own and has been an active member in the North Seattle Toddler Cooperative (this very one) on three separate occasions and is now teaching the class!
- The classroom is a GREAT open space, which houses an absolute treasure trove of toys and books to help toddlers learn by playing. We recently upgraded our reading area with new pillows and more toddler sized couches.
- There is also a covered play area with movable toys, and a fenced-in playground yard with permanent equipment.
- Parents work together and learn just as much as the kids do!
The rough breakdown of the two hours is below:
- Gross motor play (sandboxes and slides and roller toys outside in the covered play area, plenty of toys and things inside)
- Cleanup and put toys away
- Circle time--songs (with some props like scarves, rattles, bells, etc)
- Snack time + parent cleanup
- Specific activity/small motor skills—The room has areas for a variety of activities (sensory table, art projects, housekeeping, books, along with a variety of large and small toys.) The children are free to engage in whatever activity they are interested in. NOTE: This is the time when half of the parents will participate in parent ed. discussion groups.
- Closing circle time--songs and goodbyes
Basic parent duties are snack (a couple times a year), classroom
cleanup (a couple of times a year), and every parent holds a
board or committee position for the year.
The North Seattle Toddlers class meets Thursday mornings from 9:30 to 11:30 at the NSCC campus.
We also have mandatory monthly parent education meetings, held in the evening from 7-9pm. Traditionally this meeting has occurred on the 2nd Monday of each month.
Location & Parking
The class is on the Northeast corner of the North Seattle Community College campus, in Room 1405/1407 of the Instructional Building. The street
address is 9600 College Way N. Directions are available at the NSCC Website and
transportation options are outlined.
There is street parking available, but it gets pretty tight. A parking person coordinates parking permits for everyone.
The fee structure is outlined below:
- One time non-refundable registration fee of $30
- NSCC registration/tuition for parent, which this year is $39 per quarter
- Tuition will be collected quarterly or monthly depending on the classes decision. Please contact parent coordinator to find out current tuition.
For enrollment information please contact our parent co-ordinator.